All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to kw when visiting the island city of Venice. Following the self-guided tours in this book, you'll explore Venice's most important landmarks and cruise the Grand Canal for a close-up look at the elegant palaces, bridges, and churches. You'll discover picturesque lanes, enjoy the best city views, and tour outlying islands in the lagoon. Dine at a romantic canal-side restaurant, or join the locals at a characteristic cicchetti bar and munch seafood-on-a-toothpick. As the stars shine over St. Mark's Square, sway to the free music of cafe orchestras. Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. You'll learn how to explore Venice hassle-free and get up-to-date advice on what's worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
- Author BiographyRick Steves has spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe. Rick produces a public television series (Rick Steves' Europe), a public radio show (Travel with Rick Steves), and an app and podcast (Rick Steves Audio Europe); writes a bestselling series of guidebooks and a nationally syndicated newspaper column; organizes guided tours that take thousands of travelers to Europe annually; and offers an information-packed website (RickSteves.com). With the help of his hardworking staff of 80 at Rick Steves' Europe, Inc.--in Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle--Rick's mission is to make European travel fun, affordable, and culturally broadening for Americans. Gene Openshaw is a writer, composer, tour guide, and lecturer on art and history. Specializing in writing walking tours of Europe's cultural sights, Gene has coauthored 10 of Rick's books and contributes to Rick's public television series. As a composer, Gene has written a full-length opera (Matter), a violin sonata, and dozens of songs. He lives near Seattle with his daughter, and roots for the Mariners in good times and bad.
- Author(s)Gene Openshaw,Rick Steves
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleRick Steves
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor and B&W photos, maps throughout
- Weight371 g
- Width114 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.46
- AU $28.01Trending at AU $39.49
- AU $49.49Trending at AU $50.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.46
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.88
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.