All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRicoeur, Hermeneutics and Globalization explores the philosophical resources provided by Paul Ricoeur's hermeneutics in dealing with the challenges of a world framed by globalization. Bengt Kristensson Uggla's reflections start from an understanding of globalization as an 'age of hermeneutics', linking the seldom related problematic of globalization with hermeneutics through Ricoeur's concept of interpretation. The book proceeds to embrace lifelong learning as the emerging new life script of the globalized kwledge ecomy, the post-national 'memory wars' generated by the celebration of national anniversaries, and the need for orientation in a post-modern world order. The author argues that Ricoeur's hermeneutics provide intellectual resources of extraordinary importance in coping with some of the most important challenges in the contemporary world.
- Author BiographyBengt Kristensson Uggla is Amos Anderson Professor of Philosophy, Culture and Management at Abo Akademi University in Finland.
- Author(s)Bengt Kristensson Uggla
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.