All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does the horse feel when a rider is crooked in the saddle? What is it like to go faster or slower, to round curves and travel straight, with an unbalanced load to carry? What goes through the horse's mind when he is over-flexed and over-aided...when he is forced into biomechanically unsound positions? What happens when a prey animal (the horse) must learn to defeat his own preservation instinct and perform on cue with a predator (humankind) clinging to his back? In this important book, Dr. Ulrike Thiel-a clinical psychologist, psychotherapist, sport psychologist, dressage rider, riding instructor, judge, and Xephon Society classical trainer-examines these important questions, and others. With the use of exercises and astute comparisons, Thiel gives readers an eye-opening tour of the realm of the ridden dressage horse, ensuring we all work to make the job of being ridden part of a mutual pursuit-a dance involving two engaged and caring partners, a friendship binding mind and body.
- Author BiographyDr Ulrike Thiel is a clinical psychologist, psychotherapist, sport-psychologist, dressage rider, riding instructor, therapeutic riding instructor, judge, and Xenophon Society classical riding trainer. She operates HippoCampus Institute for Equitherapy and Equine Sport Psychology in The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Ulrike Thiel
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.