All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Deborah Rudacille learned that a close friend had decided to transition from female to male, she felt compelled to understand why. Coming at the controversial subject of transsexualism from several angles historical, sociological, psychological, medical Rudacille discovered that gender variance is anything but new, that changing one s gender has been met with both acceptance and hostility through the years, and that gender identity, like sexual orientation, appears to be inborn, t learned, though in some people the sex of the body does t match the sex of the brain. Informed t only by meticulous research, but also by the author s interviews with prominent members of the transgender community, The Riddle of Gender is a sympathetic and wise look at a sexual revolution that calls into question many of our most deeply held assumptions about what it means to be a man, a woman, and a human being.
- Author BiographyDeborah Rudacille is a science writer at Johns Hopkins University. She is the author of The Scalpel and the Butterfly: The Conflict Between Animal Research and Animal Protection. She lives in Baltimore.
- Author(s)Deborah Rudacille
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication14/02/2007
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Weight295 g
- Width134 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.