All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining and interpreting recent spectacular fossil discoveries in China, paleontologists have arrived at a prevailing view: there is w incontrovertible evidence that birds represent the last living disaur. But is this conclusion beyond dispute? In this book, evolutionary biologist Alan Feduccia provides the most comprehensive discussion yet of the avian and associated evidence found in China, then exposes the massive, unfounded speculation that has accompanied these discoveries and been published in the pages of prestigious scientific journals. Advocates of the current orthodoxy on bird origins have igred contrary data, misinterpreted fossils, and used faulty reasoning, the author argues. He considers why and how the debate has become so polemical and makes a plea to refocus the discussion by 'breaking away from methodological straitjackets and viewing the world of origins anew'. Drawing on a lifetime of study, he offers his own current understanding of the origin of birds and avian flight.
- Author BiographyAlan Feduccia is S. K. Heninger Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He is the author of the award-winning The Origin and Evolution of Birds. He lives in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Author(s)Alan Feduccia
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note242 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.