All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt last a book that demystifies the communication system between rider and horse. Equestrian sports physiologist Eckart Meyners, and Hannes Muller, head instructor for the German National Riding School, show how good riding is a three-dimensional dialogue. Beginning with a thorough explanation of the classical training scale and a six-step program to build balance and rhythm, Meyners and Muller go on to three basic riding techniques -the flexing technique, the bending technique, and the half-halt technique, which they believe to be the foundation for all training. These are the primary skills for riding in dialogue with a horse. Throughout, exercises are provided to refine technique and work through the training scale, finally achieving the skill level necessary for horse and rider to work in collection.
- Author BiographyEckart Meyners, lecturer in Sports Physiology & Movement at the University of Luneburg in Germany, has researched the mechanics of human movement as related to riding horses for over 30 years. He trains riders, riding instructors, and judges for the German Equestrian Federation (FN), as well as teaching courses all over the world. He works regularly with dressage rider Heike Kemmer, winner of an Olympic individual bronze medal and team gold medal. His is also the author of Rider Fitness: Body and Brain (published by Trafalgar Square Books, USA).
- Author(s)Eckart Meyners
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.