All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen we last saw Sam McCain he had been drafted to fight the war in Vietnam. But Sam's military career ended in boot camp when he was accidentally shot in the head and forced to spend three months in a military hospital to recover. Sam returns to his hometown of Black River Falls, where he works as a lawyer (and part-time investigator) for the court of the sbbish but amusing Judge Esme Ann Whitney. Two of Sam's oldest friends are caught up in this same battle. Veteran Steve Dovan brutally belittles and finally savagely beats his old friend veteran Will Cullen when Cullen anunces he's joined the anti-war group. When Cullen is found murdered, the obvious suspect is Steve Dovan, but Sam has serious doubts about the man's guilt. At least three people had reasons to murder Cullen, and Sam begins to suspect he'll discover even more as his investigation heats up, in this dynamic new politically charged mystery vel by a veteran of the form.
- Author BiographyEd Gorman has received the Shamus Award, the Spur Award, and the International Fiction Writers Award. Ed lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Author(s)Ed Gorman
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Weight360 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.