All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the essentials of horse riding and improve your technique with this practical illustrated handbook. It features expert advice and tips for the absolute beginner, from putting on the bridle and tightening the girth to adjusting the stirrup leathers and holding the reins. How to perfect your posture and improve your seat, and how to mount, walk, trot, canter and gallop, including instructions for the more experienced rider. It features step-by-step photographic sequences and illustrations that show clearly what to do - and also what t to do. It includes a complete guide to the clothing and safety equipment you will need, such as hard hats, riding boots, trousers, chaps, body protectors and neck straps. It offers all riding exercises, techniques and possible pitfalls are shown in over 250 clear photographs and diagrams. The feeling of galloping through an open field in perfect harmony with your horse is hard to beat. To reach this level of unity, a few basic techniques are needed. This book explains these techniques in step-by-step detail so that you can enjoy riding your horse to its full potential. The book places special emphasis on the importance of good posture for achieving expert riding skills. It includes all the basics of good horse riding, from what to wear through to advanced techniques. Possible pitfalls are also shown, with solutions for handling them. A combination of theory and practice, this essential handbook will help you develop your confidence and horse riding skills.
- Author BiographyDebby Sly is a talented rider, equestrian journalist and author. She has written many books, including Mary Thomson's Eventing Year; The Olympic Eventing Masterclass; All the King's Horses; and Cross Country Masterclass. She also regularly contributes to Your Horse magazine. Kit Houghton is an equestrian photojournalist who has been covering major horse events worldwide for the past 20 years. His work has appeared in many major horse magazines, and over 150 books.
- Author(s)Debby Sly
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication16/12/2013
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 250 photographs
- Weight544 g
- Width200 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.