All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking on a group of developmental disorders whose prevalence rate is increasing each year, the ideas in this book show those with autism to gradually open up within a joyful and relaxed atmosphere. The study draws from a strong kwledge base of equine training, child psychoanalysis, and clinical psychology, contending that certain animals--specifically horses--have a way of communicating with individuals on the autism spectrum. The process of learning to ride is presented as a unique educational system, inviting the autistic individual to discover new sensations, gain a sense of independence, and learn to control their emotions and fears. Addressing the emotional needs of family and friends of those with autism, this emboldening guide encourages those on the spectrum to look up, speak out, and become stronger in mind and spirit.
- Author BiographyClaudine Pelletier-Milet is a horseback riding instructor and an educator who specializes in equitherapeutic riding for toddlers. She runs the equestrian center of the stud-Mairin Berdrix La Chapelle-Montligeon in Perche, France. Catherine Mathelin-Vanier is a psychoanalyst who specializes in early childhood. She is a doctor of psychology and a research associate at the Center for Psychoanalysis and Medicine at the University of Paris 7-Diderot.
- Author(s)Claudine Pelletier-Milet
- PublisherTrafalgar Square
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrafalgar Square
- Weight386 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byDavid Walser
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.