Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionZen Acting's starting point is the ancient Zen poem, Riding the Ox Home by Kaku-an Shi'en (1100-1200) a Zen master of the Sung Dynasty. The poem is a metaphor for enlightenment. It is used here as a way of discussing enlightened acting. The book looks at famous Zen expressions through the lens of the theatre artist.
- Author BiographyA.F. Winter has been acting, directing, and teaching for over 30 years. He created a theatre company that worked with at-risk youth giving them positive alternatives for the choices they make in their lives. He has written over three dozen plays and has won the South Carolina Playwright's Festival. His work has been seen up and down the East Coast and Europe. He has written two novels. This is his second textbook.
- Author(s)A F Winter
- Date of Publication08/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date16/02/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.