All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionGwen Maka, a forty-something Englishwoman, was told by everyone that her dream was impossible. Gwen's solo ride takes us across the deserts and vanished Indian trails of the American West, over the sw-peaked Rocky Mountains, down Mexico's Baja coast and finally into the sub-tropics of Central America. Her journey is intertwined with the legends of past events; as she rides through unwordly landscapes, the ghosts of the American Indians and pioneers who shaped the Americas travel with her. Riding with Ghosts is Gwen's frank but never too serious account of her epic 7,500 mile cycling tour. She handles exhaustion, climatic extremes, lechers and a permanently saddle-sore bum in a gutsy, hilarious way. Her journey is a testimony to the power of determination.
- Author BiographyGwen was born in England in 1948 and spent her early years up trees, swimming and going on long bike and pony rides. In 1980 she moved to Norwich where she studied Development Studies as the University of East Anglia and later took a Masters Degree in Natural Resource Management at Edinburgh University. Now currently retired she currently lives in Norwich, England, where her passions of geology, canoeing and art are interspersed with periods of 'going somewhere'- usually involving long walks, bike rides or boat trips - with a tent.
- Author(s)Gwen Maka
- PublisherEye Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleEye Classics
- Place of PublicationMuch Wenlock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEye Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight272 g
- Width128 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDan Hiscocks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.