About this product
- DescriptionThis volume introduces techniques and theorems of Riemannian geometry, and opens the way to advanced topics. The text combines the geometric parts of Riemannian geometry with analytic aspects of the theory, and reviews recent research. The updated second edition includes a new coordinate-free formula that is easily remembered (the Koszul formula in disguise); an expanded number of coordinate calculations of connection and curvature; general fomulas for curvature on Lie Groups and submersions; variational calculus integrated into the text, allowing for an early treatment of the Sphere theorem using a forgotten proof by Berger; recent results regarding manifolds with positive curvature.
- Author(s)Peter Petersen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/11/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number171
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight646 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 2nd ed. 2006
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.