All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWith her inimitable wit and outspoken views, Clarissa Dickson Wright opens her diary and takes us on a journey around Britain with this unrivalled collection of stories and anecdotes from her ever-eventful life. As celebrated cook and champion of the countryside, Clarissa's year includes being propositioned by a burly greyhound courser, meeting the Chairman of the Sandringham branch of the WI, a fishing terrier called Kipper and taking on the Health & Safety officials at a rain-drenched County Show. Criss-crossing the country she introduces us to long-forgotten traditions and colourful local festivals as she meets up with extraordinary characters and friends old and new. Entertaining, poignant, but never politically correct, RIFLING THROUGH MY DRAWERS is a breath of fresh air and proves once again why Clarissa is one of the nation's true treasures.
- Author BiographyClarissa Dickson Wright found fame alongside Jennifer Paterson as one half of the much loved, TV cooking partnership Two Fat Ladies. She is the author of five cookery books including The Game Cookbook and, most recently, Sunday Roast, both with Johnny Scott. She is also a passionate supporter of the Countryside Alliance and of rural life and pursuits. She lives a little in London but mostly in Scotland.
- Author(s)Clarissa Dickson Wright
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Content Note1 x 8pp section
- Weight218 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.