All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRifts and passive margins are extremely important for the petroleum industry, as they are areas of high sedimentation and can contain significant oil and gas resources. This book provides a comprehensive understanding of rifts and passive margins as a whole. It synthesises in one volume the existing information devoted to specific aspects of these vitally important hydrocarbon habitats. This collecting together of state-of-the-art information on the topic facilitates the better use of this kwledge to assess the risks of exploring and operating in these settings and the development of systematic and predictive hydrocarbon screening tools. The book will be invaluable for a broad range of readers, from advanced geology students and researchers to exploration geoscientists to exploration managers exploring for and developing hydrocarbon resources in analogous settings.
- Author BiographyMichal Nemcok is a research professor at the Energy and Geoscience Institute at the University of Utah and a visiting professor at the Energy and Geoscience Institute Laboratory at the Geological Institute SAV, Bratislava, Slovak Republic. He has performed structural and hydrocarbon evaluations in numerous rift settings, such as the Pannonian Basin system of the Czech Republic and Slovakia; the Basin and Range of the western United States; the Bristol Channel Basin; the Central Basin, Democratic Republic of Congo; and the Salton Sea region in California. He has also worked in many passive margin settings, such as West India, East India, the eastern United States and Canada, the African margins of the Central Atlantic, the equatorial Atlantic, the Gulf of Mexico, the Guyana-Suriname Basin, Gabon and Cameroon, the Black Sea region and southeastern Brazil. The results of most of these studies have been presented in 32 articles published in refereed scientific journals and in two edited books. He is the co-author of Thrustbelts: Structural Architecture, Thermal Regimes and Petroleum Systems (Cambridge, 2005).
- Author(s)Michal Nemcok
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note499 b/w illus. 44 tables
- Weight1940 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.