All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmploying superb, clear draughtsmanship this book illustrates each and every detail of the rigging of typical period fore-and-aft vessels. The rigging of period ship models is arguably the most complex task that any modeller has to accomplish; the intricacies can be daunting and visual references limited. The author's first book, Rigging Period Ship Models, was a triumph of clarity for those needing to decipher the complexities of square rig and has w sold in multiple editions. This book does the same for fore-and-aft craft and deploys three typical eighteenth-century types - an English cutter, a three-masted French lugger and an American schooner. Some 200 diagrams show clearly where each separate item of standing and running rigging is fitted, led and belayed. Whatever the requirements of the modelmaker, all the information is here. This new PB edition brings a visual clarity to the complexities of period rigging and will delight anyone with an interest in the rigging of traditional fore-and-aft craft.
- Author BiographyLENNARTH PETERSSON is a modelmaker and draughtsman who has spent many years studying eighteenth-century riga and rigging. He has written for journals and periodicals and, amongst many commissions, has produced detailed visual interpretations of the Vasa for the Statens Sjohistoriska Museet in Stockholm. He lives in Sweden.
- Author(s)Lennarth Petersson
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeaforth Publishing
- Content Note200 line drawings
- Width200 mm
- Height260 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.