All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA blizzard hits Ray-Ray's town, causing school to be cancelled for the day. How will Ray-Ray pass his free time? Will he watch TV and waste the day away? Or will he realize that something he has wanted for a long time is totally within his grasp? In this second book in the Righteous Ray-Ray series, Ray-Ray shows what can happen when you decide to take action instead of waiting around for others to take action for you.
- Author BiographyRaymond Smith believes that Reading is everything. He received his B.A. in secondary English education from Chicago State University in 2006. Raymond found his safety in books. In elementary school Raymond would finish his work before everyone so his teachers would tell him to get a book from the classroom library. There Raymond began to love reading. Raymond says Reading books changed my life and opened up the world to me. He recently received his Master's Degree in Reading at Olivet Nazarene University. Currently, he is a 7th grade Language Arts and Reading teacher in Chicago, IL. Raymond spent four years working as a site coordinator in Chicago at the World Famous Bethel-Imani CDF Freedom School, a summer reading program that encourages children to love reading. It was here where Raymond was inspired to begin writing books because he dreamed of reading his own book during the Read Aloud component of the daily Harambee celebration. Read Aloud is where a guest from the community visits to read their favorite book to the scholars. Furthermore, Raymond also noticed that many of his students did not value reading and were often unengaged with their texts in school, and he wanted to develop something to give young readers an enjoyable experience so that hopefully they would grow to love reading. Raymond hopes that after children read his books that they are motivated, inspired and better readers. Presently, Raymond resides on Chicago's south side.
- Author(s)Raymond Smith
- PublisherRighteous Books
- Date of Publication28/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRighteous Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alan Davis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.