All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thought-provoking portrait of AIDS Healthcare Foundation, the world s largest HIV/AIDS medical care provider, award-winning journalist Patrick Range McDonald reveals the nprofit s unlikely rise from a feisty grassroots organization during the 1980s AIDS crisis in Los Angeles to its position today as an aggressive, global leader in the ongoing fight to control HIV and AIDS. This riveting story highlights the motivations behind AHF s life-saving efforts, its battles against (and alliances with) governments and various political establishments, and its work today to provide free HIV treatment and prevention services to vulnerable, lower-income people in more than thirty countries. With unrestricted, insider access, McDonald follows AHF for a year as it clashes with the Obama administration, the state of Nevada, and the World Health Organization. He interviews AHF s key players, including firebrand president Michael Weinstein, and he travels to AHF outposts around the globe, from Miami to Uganda, Cambodia to Russia, Estonia to South Africa. Along the way, McDonald discovers that AHF is a passionate, smart, and tenacious people power organization that brings hope and change to nearly all corners of the world. Beyond its work as a highly effective global AIDS organization, the AHF story also provides a blueprint for every kind of righteous rebel who wants to make the world a better place.
- Author BiographyPatrick Range McDonald is an investigative journalist, former staff writer at LA Weekly, and co-author of former Los Angeles Mayor Richard J. Riordan s memoir. A New Jersey native, the Fordham University graduate lives in West Hollywood, California.
- Author(s)Patrick Range McDonald
- PublisherProspect Park Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationParadeso
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProspect Park Books
- Weight524 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.