All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn this hugely accessible new book, Mark Doel guides the reader through a proper consideration of these questions by examining the typical ethical dilemmas that challenge social workers on a daily basis. Inquisitive, probing and intellectually stimulating, Rights and Wrongs in Social Work untangles the complexity of ethics in social work and argues that, by constantly questioning our assumptions and the situations we find ourselves in, we will eventually come to a better understanding of what is right. Each chapter of the book is centred on a different real-life dilemma that social workers might face on a typical day in practice - such as relationship boundaries, confidentiality and whistleblowing. Clear and ermously readable, it uses a wealth of creative and engaging features and techniques to support learning and encourage readers to apply theory to practice, including: * A vast array of vibrant case studies and detailed practice examples * Time Boxes to link chapter topics with ethical dilemmas from history * The Big Picture sections to place ethical issues into the wider frame of public policy * Discussion of the guidance available from official codes, standards and principles, such as the IFSW/ IASSW's joint Statement of Ethical Principles An invaluable resource for students and practitioners alike, Rights and Wrongs in Social Work draws on the author's many years of experience in the field to successfully unpack the complex concepts of ethics and values in a clear, thought-provoking way.
- Author BiographyMark Doel is Professor Emeritus at Sheffield Hallam University, England. A qualified and registered social worker, he has been a practice teacher (field instructor), an academic manager and a full-time Research Professor. He has 18 books to his name, seven in foreign translations. He was co-editor of Groupwork journal and founder editor of the Journal of Social Policy and Social Work in Transition. He has worked in the United States and has had long-standing projects with colleagues in Russia and eastern Europe, including a role as Head of PhD programmes in social work at Tbilisi State University (Georgia), where he was awarded an honorary doctorate and chair. He has many years' experience as a training consultant in the UK and internationally and he holds external examining positions in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
- Author(s)Mark Doel
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight348 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.