All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis self-contained mograph presents rigidity theory for a large class of dynamical systems, differentiable higher rank hyperbolic and partially hyperbolic actions. This first volume describes the subject in detail and develops the principal methods presently used in various aspects of the rigidity theory. Part I serves as an exposition and preparation, including a large collection of examples that are difficult to find in the existing literature. Part II focuses on cocycle rigidity, which serves as a model for rigidity phemena as well as a useful tool for studying them. The book is an ideal reference for applied mathematicians and scientists working in dynamical systems and a useful introduction for graduate students interested in entering the field. Its wealth of examples also makes it excellent supplementary reading for any introductory course in dynamical systems.
- Author BiographyAnatole Katok is Raymond N. Shibley Professor of Mathematics at Pennsylvania State University. Viorel Nitica is Professor of Mathematics at West Chester University, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Anatole Katok,Viorel Nitica
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Tracts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number185
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus.
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.