All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers are required to increase the rigor for students, but how? This book by bestselling author and rigor expert Barbara Blackburn has the answer! It is a treasure chest of more than 200 practical and highly-effective tools that can be used across grade levels and subject areas to increase student rigor, leading your students to higher engagement and deeper learning. Topics covered include...* Asking higher-level questions * Scaffolding to help all students achieve success * Differentiating instruction and using modifications * Fostering independence through gradual release of responsibility * Increasing text difficulty and teaching close reading * Setting high expectations * Changing students' views of success * Encouraging effort and goal-setting * Creating an environment that is conducive to learning * Using effective grading policies and assessment tools * Working with parents, colleagues, and administrators * And much, much more! Rigor in Your Classroom will be your go-to resource throughout the school year, as you continually return to it to try new tools with your students. Bonus: The tools are accompanied by graphic organizers, charts, templates, and reproducibles for easy implementation.
- Author BiographyDr. Barbara Blackburn is the bestselling author of fourteen books and is a sought-after national and international consultant. She was an award-winning professor at Winthrop University and has taught early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Author(s)Barbara R. Blackburn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note56 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.