All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionRikky Rooksby's revised and updated best-seller explores more than 200 classic riffs, from Cream and Led Zeppelin, through Nirvana and Soundgarden, to Metallica, U2, and the White Stripes. The first half of the book analyzes classic rock riffs and reveals the stories behind their creation. Easy-to-read text describes and explains each riff, supported by illustrations and a CD of audio examples. The book's second section shows how to construct great riffs and why they work. Readers learn how to shape a melody, integrate a guitar riff with the rest of a song, enhance a riff with effects, and work with intervals and scales to build riffs.
- Author BiographyRikky Rooksby is a composer, songwriter, guitar teacher and writer. He is the author of Backbeat's best-selling How To Write Songs series, and many other books about popular music.
- Author(s)Rikky Rooksby
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content Note2-Colour throughout, with Chord Boxes and Diagrams
- Weight737 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Music recording)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.