All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1883, this charming book includes many of James Whitcomb Riley's signature poems, including Thoughts fer the Discuraged Farmer and When the Frost Is on the Punkin. Also graced by ted Brown County artist Will Vawter's folksy illustrations of farm scenes from our past, this Library of Indiana Classics edition faithfully reproduces the 1905 edition. A must-have for Riley enthusiasts everywhere, it offers a warm look at how farm life was depicted over a century ago.
- Author BiographyJames Whitcomb Riley (1849-1916) was a best-selling American writer and poet. Known as the Children's Poet, he is author of several collections, including The Old Swimmin' Hole, Pipes o' Pan at Zekesbury, and Home Folks. Will Vawter (1871-1941) was an artist, illustrator, and frequent collaborator with James Whitcomb Riley.
- Author(s)James Whitcomb Riley
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleLibrary of Indiana Classics
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note83 b/w
- Weight318 g
- Width3411 mm
- Height4939 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.