All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionStunning Japanese thriller with a chilling supernatural twist. The vel that inspired the cult Japanese movie and the Hollywood blockbuster of the same name. Asakawa is a hardworking journalist who has climbed his way up from local-news beat reporter to writer for his newspaper's weekly magazine. A chronic workaholic, he doesn't take much tice when his seventeen-year-old niece dies suddenly - until a chance conversation reveals that ather healthy teenager died at exactly the same time, in chillingly similar circumstances. Sensing a story, Asakawa begins to investigate, and soon discovers that this strange simultaneous sudden-death syndrome also affected ather two teenagers. Exactly one week before their mysterious deaths the four teenagers all spent the night at a leisure resort in the same log cabin. When Asakawa visits the resort, the mystery only deepens. A comment made in the guest book by one of the teenagers leads him to a particular vidoetape with a portentous message at the end: Those who have viewed these images are fated to die at this exact hour one week from w. Asakawa finds himself in a race against time - he has only seven days to find the cause of the teenagers' deaths before it finds him. The hunt puts him on the trail of an apocalytpic power that will force Asakawa to choose between saving his family and saving civilization.
- Author BiographyKoji Suzuki is a literary star in his native Japan, where he is also a respected writer on childcare, having brought up two daughters. Ring has sold 2.8 million copies to date and spawned a cult Japanese film that is fast becoming a classic, as well as a successful Hollywood remake. Koji Suzuki lives in Tokyo but loves to travel.
- Author(s)Koji Suzuki
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/03/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Translated byRobert B. Rohmer,Glynne Walley
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.