All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhotographs cant prepare you for Rio. Against a magical backdrop of Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain, glittering emerald waters and powder-sand beaches, the leisurely Carioca life unwinds. Within easy reach of the city are the idyllic shores of pretty Paraty and lush, verdant Ilha Grande; inland, the glorious colonial cities of Minas Gerais dazzle with gold leaf and baroque buildings. * Highlights maps and inspirational colour section, so you kw what t to miss. * Essentials section with indispensable information on getting there and around. * Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, drink and have fun. * Detailed street maps for Rio de Janeiro, Paraty, Ouro Preto, Belo Horizonte and other key towns. * Slim eugh to fit in your pocket. Ideal for travellers looking to explore beyond Rio de Janeiro as well as getting the best of this iconic city, this Footprint Handbook will help you make the most of your trip without weighing you down.
- Author BiographyAlex Robinson is an award-winning writer and photographer based in London. He was runner up in the Friends of the Earth International Photography Award in 2007, won a Brazilian Press Award for the anniversary edition of Latin America's travel magazine Viagem e Turismo and a US National Magazine award as part of the Fall 2006 edition of Departures Magazine. He has worked with numerous magazines, publishers and broadcasters, including Departures, Budget Travel, National Geographic, the Financial Times, Wanderlust, the Discovery Channel, Al Jazeera and the BBC. For more information, see alexrobinsonphotography.co.uk. Gardenia Robinson, from Minas Gerais in Brazil, is a graduate of the University of Sao Paulo's prestigious Faculdade de Economia, Administracao e Contabilidade. She worked as an investment banker in Brazil before moving to the UK to work on the first guidebook to the Amazon, inspired to write by her favourite author, Joao Guimaraes Rosa. After travelling throughout Latin America, South East Asia and Australia (visiting more than 25 countries), she returned to Brazil to open and run her own NGO working with sustainable tourism in local communities. She has researched and photographed books on London, the Amazon, Brazil and Mexico for publishers including Cadogan, DK and Footprint and has had her pictures published widely in Brazil, Europe and the USA.
- Author(s)Alex Robinson,Gardenia Robinson
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Handbook
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Handbooks
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width115 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.