Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRio de Janeiro's is a lush, complex history that spans five centuries, and Marvelous City is the first full length retelling of that history written in English. From the beach life of the Ipanema and Copacabana to the struggles of the Rio's infamous favelas, this is a story of contrast and contradiction. We are offered a glimpse into Rio's high society and rich culture and are shown the endemic violence, corruption, and social disparity with which it struggles to this day. With its populist politics and its unique blend of European, African and Amerindian influences, Rio de Janeiro has grown, over the centuries, into a place all its own, one that is greater than the sum of its parts, distinctively Brazilian, and whose symbol is the Rio Carnaval, the greatest show on earth. The beating cultural heart of Brazil, Rio de Janeiro is poised to host the 2016 Olympic Games. Author Orde Morton invites you to look beyond the postcard perfection of its natural beauty and discover this one of a kind city in all its many-sided wonder.
- Author(s)Orde Morton
- Date of Publication20/01/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1052 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.