All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fantastic two-in-one book reveals the Earth as you've never seen it before. The pages of the Earth volume take you everywhere, from the tops of the highest mountains to the depths of the fieriest volcaes, explaining how they were formed and revealing fascinating facts about them. Did you kw, for example, that a single lightning bolt which struck Utah in 1918 killed 504 sheep? The volume on Oceans introduces you to the ever-changing realm of the sea, uncovering the strange creatures that lurk there, from blobfish to the terrifying beaked sea snake. And it reveals the truth about the mysterious legends of the sea - stories of monsters, mermaids (there's even a photograph of one!) and strange disappearances. Informative, off-beat and fun, this lavishly illustrated book cant fail to inform and delight children of all ages.
- Author BiographyRobert LeRoy Ripley was an American cartoonist, who created and developed the world-famous Ripley's Believe It or Not! cartoon strip in the years after the First World War. He travelled the globe in search of unusual objects and stories, and built up an extraordinary collection of everything from shrunken heads to dinosaur eggs and iron maidens. These are now exhibited in Ripley museums around the world, including one in London's Piccadilly Circus. The Ripley's Believe It or Not! annual has become an international best-seller.
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow (Young)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight497 g
- Width217 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.