All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChris Morgan spent his early life within the range of the flashing beacon at the summit of the Wrekin Hill in Shropshire and at the same time in the long shadows of the Stretton Hills. Later he moved with his family to Kidderminster where he was further influenced by the Malvern Hills, his father's exciting profession as a gamekeeper and woodman and his mother's material stalls in the market places of several west midland towns. This gave him a love for wildlife, the outdoor life in general and a perspective that finds him always looking upwards and outwards at the world and beyond for the treasures that lie there. He has a great interest in the nature of people and takes pleasure in his hobby of driving boat trips up the River Great Ouse at St Ives, where he swaps his commentary on local history and poems with stories from the varied lives of his widely travelled passengers. He wrote his first poem at the age of seven and has always found poetry a wonderful method of sorting those problems in life that can prove difficult to resolve.
- Author BiographyChris Morgan was born in the highlands of southern Shropshire and raised in northern Worcestershire. The only son of a gamekeeper, he experienced both the cruelty and joy of dealing with wildlife in the countryside from an early age. He spent his working life as an engineer, specialising in aircraft design. This gave him a unique opportunity to travel widely and opened his mind to many foreign cultures and influences. Having a lifelong urge to write poetry, he finds solace in using verse to rationalise the stress and frustration of the seemingly endless and impossible problems that we all face in modern life. Writing it down longhand seems to allow one to at least come to terms with many of the world's harsh realities and then to form one's own private conclusions. Whether you agree with his observations or not, he invites you to enjoy this trip through his collection of poetry and to form your own private thoughts.
- Author(s)Christopher John Morgan
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/08/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.