Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe well-heeled village of Temple Minnis presents a smooth and calm facade, but all is t as it seems. When Simon Shepherd goes to investigate the smell of smoke late one night, he comes across the beautiful and mysterious Bela who has taken refuge on his land. Why is she there? But there are greater mysteries in the village - thirty years earlier, the villagers conspired to plan and conceal a murder, but only the local velist, Melissa, dying of cancer, suffers the pangs of conscience. It takes tough words and a touch of magic from the charismatic vicar to persuade her to write her story. but as the villagers face up to the past, their lives change irrevocably. Love turns to fury and errupts into tragedy when Simon and Bela - precariously straddling two cultures - are caught up in the revelations.
- Author BiographyMadge Swindells was born and educated in England. As a teenager, she emigrated with her parents to South Africa where she studied archaeology and anthropology at Cape Town University. The author of numerous novels, her work has been translated into nine languages and has reached bestseller lists across the world. She currently lives near Dover in Kent.
- Author(s)Madge Swindells
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Weight268 g
- Width133 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.