All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- Description2015 Readers' Favorite Gold Medal Winner for YA Mystery 2015 RONE Award Finalist for YA Pararmal 2015 New Apple Top Medalist for Young Adult Ebook Chosen as one of 400 for the second round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award for 2014!!!Rising Tide will sink its fangs into you, keeping you awake into the wee hours of the night Could Maura's life get any worse? ...turns out it most certainly can. Isolated and sheltered by her lonely mother, Maura's never been able to make friends. She seems to drive her classmates away-except for the odd times they pay eugh attention to torture her-but she doesn't understand why. Maura considers herself to be a freak of nature, with her unusually pale skin and an aversion to the sun that renders her violently nauseous. Her belief is only worsened by the fact that almost everyone around her keeps their distance.Even her own father deserted her before she was born, leaving Maura alone with her emotionally distant mother, Caelyn. Even though Maura is desperate for answers about her unkwn parent, Caelyn remains heartbroken and her daughter can't bring herself to reopen her mother's wounds. Or is there a more sinister reason Caelyn refuses to utter a word about her long-lost love?When a cruel prank nearly claims Maura's life, one of her classmates, Ron, rushes to her rescue. Darkly handsome & mysteriously accepting, Ron doesn't seem to want to stay away, but Maura is reluctant to get too close, since her mother has anunced she's moving the two of them to Vancouver...nearly 3,000 miles away from their hometown of Indiana, Pennsylvania.If life wasn't already challenging eugh, Maura begins to experience bizarre, physical changes her mother seems hell bent on igring, compelling Maura to fear for her own life. Vicious nightmares, blood cravings, failing health and the heart-shattering loss of Ron-as well as the discovery of a tangled web of her own mother's lies-become obstacles in Maura's desperate quest for the unfathomable truth she was never prepared to uncover.Sure to become one of the Books to Read of the year, Rising Tide: Dark Incence isn't the usual YA vampire tale. Full of Mystery and Suspense, this Vampire Mystery Thriller packs just eugh Romance & Humor, while delivering plenty of Dark Fantasy served with a side of the Supernatural. Maura, in the midst of her vampire awakenings is unarguably a vampire in denial. It is a vel that is certain to become one of the classic pararmal books of its time--the series is t only for Teens & Young Adult readers, but has been well-received by many adult readers, as well. Maura doesn't live in Castle Dracula in Transylvania, but she must still discover the bloodlines constructing the creature she is destined to become, while overcoming social issues, such as bullying, that rock her world. She is an strong Urban Fantasy female protagonist readers love. A preview is available using the Look Inside feature for the ebook and print copies, above. Scroll up to read a sample w!
- Author BiographyClaudette Melanson writes & edits in Kitchener, Ontario, with her husband Ron and four bun babies: Tegan, Pepper, Butters & Beckett. She graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a BA in English and an MA in Literature. She's wished to be a Vampire since age five. She hopes to one day work full time as an author, since there are many, many books living inside her head. In her spare time she enjoys watching Japanese Anime and reading vampire stories....along with other great fiction. She is also very interested in good health and is an advocate of Ketogenic eating, using whole and natural foods. Her favorite foods are bulletproof coffee, cashew flour crust pizza and treats made with xylitol and almond, coconut or cashew flours. Future dreams include writing many more books and spending more time with her son Jacob. Her biggest dream is to make Universal Halloween Horror Nights a yearly event with hubby and son. A Rabbit Rescue fanatic, she also hopes to help rescues all over the world save many innocent lives.
- Author(s)Mrs Claudette Nicole Melanson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight323 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Rachel Montreuil
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.