Risk Assessment and Risk Management for the Chemical Process Industry: Stone and Webster Engineering Corporation by Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation (Hardback, 1991)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $227.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $205.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe tragic incident at Bhopal, India made it clear that safety reviews for identification and control of accidents involving toxic chemicals must be more systematic. This guide shows how to integrate hazard identification, risk assessment, consequence analysis, and risk mitigation into a formalized program for handling hazardous chemicals. Most of the 21 contributors are senior staff members at Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation. They discuss how to perform and supervise safety studies for chemical, petrochemical, petroleum refining, and other facilities. They discuss all aspects of detection, prevention, and mitigation of risks associated with processing, handling, and production of hazardous chemicals. Special attention is given to hazard identification and hazard assessment techniques ranging from simple screening checklists to highly structured Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) analysis. You're shown how to calculate potential consequences of identified hazards, quantify the likelihood of these events, and combine equipment failure rate data and human reliability analysis with hazard assessment. You'll also benefit from the book's rundowns of how to apply expert systems and artificial intelligence in risk management instill safety-oriented operating and maintenance procedures train operators and emergency response personnel conduct internal and external safety audits perform chemical dispersion, explosion, and fire analyses assess health effects from chemical releases use insurance vehicles to deal with residual risk. Risk Assessment and Risk Management for the Chemical Process Industry is an essential source on minimizing the dangers of toxic incidents and accidents. It is essential reading for safety engineers, regulatory managers, environmental engineers, and other professionals responsible for safety in chemical plants.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors HARRIS R. GREENBERG, P.E., is Manager of Plant Safety Programs in the Environmental Services Division of Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation. Mr.Greenberg is chairman of ASME Safety Division's Facility Safety Committee, as well as member-at-large of its Executive Committee. He holds degrees in Nuclear Engineering and Chemical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. JOSEPH J. CRAMER, Ph.D., currently with Brown & Root, Inc., was formerly Program Manager for Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation's Process and Chemical Plant Safety Program. Dr. Cramer has been a member of AIChE for nearly two decades, and is currently chair of its Environmental Division. His Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering was earned at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/1991
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight774 g
- Width161 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byHarris R. Greenberg,Joseph J. Cramer
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $79.05Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.