Risk Assessment for Water Infrastructure Safety and Security by Anna Doro-on (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $130.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $158.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the seventeen critical infrastructures vital to the security of the United States, the water supply system remains largely unprotected from the threat of terrorism, including possible revenge by Al Qaeda over the killing of Osama Bin Laden. Recognizing and identifying prospective events of terrorism against the water infrastructure is critical to the protection of the nation, as the consequences triggered by a terrorist attack on the water supply would be devastating. Risk Assessment for Water Infrastructure: Safety and Security provides a unique quantitative risk assessment methodology for protection and security against terrorist contamination, vandalism, attacks against dams, and other threats to water supply systems. Focusing on the human safety, environmental, and ecomic consequences triggered by potential terrorist attacks and other threats, the book presents: * The development of an integrated approach of risk assessment based upon the cumulative prospect theory * The qualitative/quantitative processes and models for security and safe facility operations as required by EPA, DHS, and other governmental and regulatory agencies * The application of an integrated model to the risk assessment of surface water, dams, wells, wastewater treatment facilities, reservoirs, and aqueducts of large urban regions * The development of intelligence analysis incorporating risk assessment for terrorism prevention Finally, the book presents the legal and regulatory requirements and policy related to the protection and security of water infrastructure from terrorism and natural hazards to both human health and the environment. By analyzing potential terrorist risks against the water supply, strategic improvements in U.S. water infrastructure security may be achieved, including changes in policy, incorporation of intrusion detection techlogy, increased surveillance, and increased intelligence. More information can be found on the author's website.
- Author BiographyAnna M. Doro-on is an engineer with over 12 years professional experience in design, construction, and utility infrastructure projects. She specializes in the development and application of innovative environmental remediation technologies; civil, environmental, and water resources engineering; water and wastewater infrastructure design and rehabilitation; risk assessment and management for critical infrastructure with focus on terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, and public health protection; reduction of contamination to water resources and the environment; quantitative risk assessment for catastrophic event prevention; technology development; and project inspections and monitoring. She holds M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Civil Engineering and Environmental Science & Engineering respectively, both from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Author(s)Anna Doro-on
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/08/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note94 black & white illustrations, 106 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.