All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a risk management framework designed to achieve better decisions and more desirable outcomes. It presents an in-depth discussion of some fundamental principles of risk management related to the use of expected values, uncertainty handling, and risk acceptance criteria. Several examples from the offshore petroleum industry are included to illustrate the use of the framework, but it can also be applied in other areas.
- Author BiographyTerje Aven is Professor of Risk Analysis and Management at University of Stavanger, Norway. He is also a Principal Researcher at Rogaland Research, Norway. His professional career includes experience in the petroleum industry (Statoil) in addition to his time in research and education. His research interests include decision support tools, risk management, risk acceptance, reliability and risk analysis methods, and risk assessments reflecting human and organizational factors. He is a member of the Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences. He has been awarded several prizes for his research and teaching activities. Jan Erik Vinnem is Professor II of Risk Analysis at University of Stavanger, Norway. He is also a specialist advisor and CEO of Preventor AS, a consultancy to the Norwegian offshore industry. His professional career includes experience in the petroleum industry (Statoil and Total), and work as a private consultant (as the founder of Safetec Nordic AS and Preventor AS), in addition to his time in research and education. His research interests include decision support tools, risk management, risk acceptance, risk analysis methods, and risk assessments reflecting human and organizational factors.
- Author(s)Jan Erik Vinnem,Terje Aven
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight482 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.