All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionSustainability factors should be considered by managers like any other business risk issue; these factors are expected to have a substantial impact on corporate management. Air transport corporations need a strong sustainability management framework to effectively manage ecomic, environmental and social risks to achieve their corporate sustainability objectives, and to meet their stakeholders' demands. This book offers a new Enterprise Sustainability Risk Management (ESRM) model to fulfill these requirements. In the model presented, the triple bottom line (TBL) agenda is incorporated into the companies' sustainability management. ESRM deals with the environmental, social, and ecological risks as well as the strategic, ecomic, operational, and threat risks of companies. The best corporate sustainability strategies and management approaches require the consideration of all corporate risks in both a holistic and systematic way. Flouris and Kucuk Yilmaz present an effective way to manage sustainability risks via a new, well-designed, integrated, dynamic and flexible framework. It introduces an opportunity for turning risks into potential corporate advantages. Risk Management and Corporate Sustainability in Aviation is addressed to professionals, students and researchers within air transportation business management and risk management.
- Author BiographyTriant G. Flouris (Ph.D. University of South Carolina) is Dean of Academic Affairs and University Professor at Hellenic American University, Athens, Greece. Combined with an on-going consulting practice, Dr. Flouris has previously served in various faculty and administrative positions (dean, graduate program director, department chair, as well as research institute director) in universities in New Zealand (Victoria University), U.S.A. (Daniel Webster College, Auburn University, San Jose State University and City University of New York) and Canada (Concordia University) and has extensive experience in strategic planning and higher education administration. He is the author of six books, over two hundred refereed journal articles, book chapters, scholarly articles, and public reports with academic expertise in aviation management, project management, risk management, international aviation governance, and strategic management. He is a certified professional pilot and flight instructor and holds concurrent appointments as research associate at the Mineta Transportation Institute, San Jose State University, California, as well as instructor for the International Air Transport Association. Dr. Ayse Kucuk Yilmaz is Assistant Professor in the School of Civil Aviation at Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey. Her teaching and research interests include aviation corporate sustainability management, enterprise risk management, strategic management, airport and airline business modeling, and risk management. She has authored 3 books and has published numerous academic journal articles on several topics in aviation and enterprise risk management, one book chapter and several papers in international conferences. She has been a licensed aircraft technician since 2001.
- Author(s)Dr. Ayse Kucuk Yilmaz,Triant G. Flouris
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 26 b&w illustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.