All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGain insight into the unique risk management challenges within the Islamic banking system Risk Management for Islamic Banks: Recent Developments from Asia and the Middle East analyzes risk management strategies in Islamic banking, presented from the perspectives of different banking institutions. Using comprehensive global case studies, the book details the risks involving various banking institutions in Indonesia, Malaysia, UAE, Bahrain, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia, pointing out the different management strategies that arise as a result of Islamic banking practices. Readers gain insight into risk management as a comprehensive system, and a process of interlinked continuous cycles that integrate into every business activity within Islamic banks. The unique processes inherent in Islamic banking bring about complex risks t experienced by traditional banks. From Shariah compliance, to equity participation contracts, to complicated sale contracts, Islamic banks face unique market risks. Risk Management for Islamic Banks covers the creation of an appropriate risk management environment, as well as a stage-based implementation strategy that includes risk identification, measurement, mitigation, monitoring, controlling, and reporting. The book begins with a discussion of the philosophy of risk management, then delves deeper into the issue with topics like: * Risk management as an integrated system * The history, framework, and process of risk management in Islamic banking * Financing, operational, investment, and market risk * Shariah compliance and associated risk The book also discusses the future potential and challenges of Islamic banking, and outlines the risk management pathway. As an examination of the wisdom, kwledge, and ideal practice of Islamic banking, Risk Management for Islamic Banks contains valuable insights for those active in the Islamic market.
- Author BiographyIMAM WAHYUDI is a lecturer in the Faculty of Economics and Business at University of Indonesia (FEB-UI) and a senior researcher at the Centre of Islamic Economics and Business. FENNY ROSMANITA is a lecturer at FEB-UI and a researcher at its Centre of Islamic Economics and Business. MUHAMMAD BUDI PRASETYO is a lecturer and junior researcher in the Department of Management at FEB-UI. NIKEN IWANI SURYA PUTRI is a lecturer at FEB-UI and a junior researcher at its Centre of Islamic Economics and Business.
- Author(s)Fenny Rosmanita,Imam Wahyudi,Miranti Kartika Dewi,Muhammad Budi Prasetyo,Niken Iwani Surya Putri
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight688 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.