All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvents of all types are produced every day for all manner of purposes, attracting all sorts of people. Creating and managing the environment in which these people will gather carries with it awesome responsibilities - legal, ethical, and financial. To provide a safe and secure setting and to operate in a manner that ensures the hosting organizations or individuals achieve their objectives in a proper and profitable way, event risk management must be fully integrated into all event plans and throughout the event management process. Risk Management for Meetings and Events examines the practices, procedures, and safeguards associated with the identification, analysis, response planning, and control of the risks surrounding events of all types. Written by an experienced author it: * Provides a solid, easy-to-read conceptual foundation based on proven risk management techniques * Includes ready-to-use templates designed specifically as learning exercises for students and professionals * Comprehensively discusses effective strategies for managing the risks associated with design, planning and production of public and private events Risk Management for Meetings and Events is a comprehensive and practical guide which supports academic and professional development programs that prepare individuals for entering or advancement in the meeting and event management industry.
- Author BiographyJulia Rutherford Silvers, a Certified Special Events Professional, is an adjunct faculty member of the Tourism and Convention Department at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, for whom she teaches Meetings and Event Risk Management and Meeting and Event Coordination online. She designed and wrote the Event Management Training Program for South Africa's Tourism Learnership Project National Certificate in Tourism: Event Support, the CSEP Study Course Workbook for the International Special Events Society, as well as numerous distance learning courses, instructional videos, CD ROM lectures, books, magazine articles, and award-winning research papers on event management topics. She is the originator of The Event Management Body of Knowledge (EMBOK) Project, an educational resource on her web site that illustrates and examines the scope of knowledge and processes used in the events industry.
- Author(s)Julia Rutherford Silvers
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleEvents Management
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight861 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.