All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a unique book addressing the integration of risk methodology from various fields. It will stimulate intellectual debate and communication across disciplines, promote better risk management practices and contribute to the development of risk management methodologies. Individual chapters explain fundamental risk models and measurement, and address risk and security issues from diverse areas such as finance and insurance, the health sciences, life sciences, engineering and information science. Integrated Risk Sciences is an emerging discipline that considers risks in different fields, aiming at a common language, and at sharing and improving methods developed in different fields. Readers should have a Bachelor degree and have taken at least one basic university course in statistics and probability. The main goal of the book is to provide basic kwledge on risk and security in a common language; the authors have taken particular care to ensure that all content can readily be understood by doctoral students and researchers across disciplines. Each chapter provides simple case studies and examples, open research questions and discussion points, and a selected bibliography inviting readers to further study.
- Author BiographyThe research interests of Claudia Kluppelberg combine various disciplines of applied probability theory and statistics with applications to risk measurement in the areas of economic, technical and climate risks. Her fundamental research concentrates on advancing the modeling and the methodology for risk analysis and risk measurement with applications to real-world problems. Before being appointed Full Professor of Mathematical Statistics at the Technische Universitat Munchen (TUM), she spent several years at ETH Zurich and at Mainz University. From 2008 to 2011 she chaired the focus group Risk Analysis and Stochastic Modeling at the TUM's Institute for Advanced Study. Daniel Straub develops and teaches reliability analysis, risk assessment and probabilistic decision making for infrastructure, environmental and general engineering systems. He received his doctorate in 2004 at ETH Zurich. Prior to joining the TUM as a Professor of Engineering Risk Analysis in 2008, he was a postdoctoral researcher and adjunct professor at the University of California, Berkeley (2006 to 2008). Beyond his academic work, he is active as a consultant to various industries, including the offshore, maritime, energy, infrastructure and transportation sectors. Isabell M. Welpe conducts research in the area of strategy and organization from a behavioral science perspective, with a focus on performance management, strategic leadership, organizational design, behavior in organizations and the role of digital technology and social media for and in organizations. She has held the Chair of Strategy and Organization at the TUM since 2009.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 42 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight889 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byClaudia Kluppelberg,Daniel Straub,Isabell M. Welpe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.