All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSubstance misuse (including alcohol) and mental health problems constitute a significant proportion of the work carried out in the criminal justice system. Approaches to these often intractable problems have seen the rise of a dominant risk paradigm concerned with public protection and the use of coercion through court orders to access treatment. This original and valuable book considers tions of risk and rehabilitation in detail within the practice of those court orders, whilst contextualising them within a wider comparative literature and research base. The efficacy of these approaches, practice issues and invations including for example therapeutic jurisprudence are analysed. Risk and rehabilitation also includes discussions of the implications for partnership working and the importance of reconfiguring the nature of rehabilitative relationships. This is a timely book as probation practice in the UK and elsewhere moves into a post 'what works' era, providing opportunities to review the evidence base for effective interventions.
- Author BiographyAaron Pycroft is Senior Lecturer in Addiction Studies in the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies at the University of Portsmouth where he writes, teaches and researches on theory, policy and interventions with substance misuse. Suzie Clift is a Senior Lecturer in Criminology at the University of Greenwich where she teaches and researches on the theory and practice of risk with particular emphasis on notions of dangerousness within criminal justice.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight517 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.