Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOpen the door to the ancient Norse world of magic and spirituality with The Rites of Odin by Ed Fitch. The ancient religion of Northern Europe was one of remarkable strength and power, as well as magic and beauty. Its adherents were themselves a solid and adventurous lot: the Norse, Slavs, Germans, ancient Russians, and of course, the Vikings. The Rites of Odin is a complete sourcebook that brings the ancient values back to these turbulent times. What you read here is poetic and powerful, perfect for groups who have chose to follow the Old Ways, for families who wish to be unified by warm and close ceremonies, and for the solitary seeker. - The history and philosophy of ancient Norse magic made practical for today - Basic ritual preparation and design - Seasonal festivals for groups, families, and individuals - Protection rites - Wedding rites - Norse lore - The Runes: their symbolism and use in divination - A Rune-Talisman rite - Crafting a drinking horn - Brewing your own mead The Rites of Odin puts forth the message, in rites, practice, and background lore, that you are uniquely important. You are in charge of your own destiny. The family and friends who constitute your extended family are also important: by working together and helping one ather, all of you can prosper and be happy. Ed Fitch, one of the founders and major scholars of modern Paganism wrote The Rites of Odin. Initiated into Gardnerian Wicca during the mid-1960s, he has continually added to the existing background lore on Wicca and mainstream Paganism, and is widely considered to be one of the best and most influential writers of rituals in the U.S. today.
- Author BiographyEd Fitch is one of the major figures in modern Wicca and neo-Paganism. He has traveled the world as an Air Force officer, an aerospace engineer and a private investigator. He spends as much time as possible each year in the California wilderness exploring mines, caves, and old ghost town sites.
- Author(s)Ed Fitch
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/11/1989
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteill
- Weight443 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.