All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRitual today can be encountered in the midst of catastrophic and transforming events. This collection reassesses and revises traditionally understood relationships between ritual and politics, ritual and everyday life, ritual and art making, and ritual and disaster.The methodologies as well as the subject matter are interdisciplinary: they range from the anthropological to the art and dance historical, from the theatrical and literary to the linguistic, philosophical, and psychoanalytic. It will be a valuable tool for scholars of Theater and Performance Studies, as well as Anthropology, Art, and History.
- Author BiographyMark Franko is a choreographer and performance scholar who teaches in the Theater Arts Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Among his publications are Dance as Text: Ideologies of the Baroque Body, Dancing Modernism/Performing Politics, and The Work of Dance: Labor, Movement, and Identity.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2009
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white halftones
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byMark Franko
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.