All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This is a book about feeding children, but these recipes are for adults too. I don't think there should be any sharp distinctions between 'baby food', 'children's food' and 'grown-up food'. It's a spectrum the whole family can be on, the food each person eats becoming a little more sophisticated and seasoned as they mature.' Nikki Duffy brings the River Cottage ethos to feeding children, and shows that it's never too early to involve the youngest family members in mealtimes. Her delicious seasonal purees and simple, wholesome recipes put the needs and wants of babies and toddlers first, whilst offering up dishes that will delight adults too. With clear advice on nutrition and weaning, The River Cottage Baby & Toddler Cookbook is the perfect starting point for your child's great food adventure. Start the day with breakfasts like blueberry pancakes, apple muesli or eggy bread, followed by simple and delicious meals like fishcakes, meatballs, shepherd's pie, home-made pizza, falafel, mackerel pate, pea risotto or roasted fish with tomato sauce. Nice little puddings include baby baked apples with chocolate, rhubarb crumble and a classic rice pudding. With an introduction by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, this book will put real food on the table for the whole family to share.
- Author BiographyFormerly Deputy Editor of the award-winning magazine Waitrose Food Illustrated, Nikki Duffy also wrote a weekly food column in the Guardian. She worked for three years as the River Cottage Food Editor and is now a freelance food writer. She lives in Essex with her husband and two daughters.
- Author(s)Nikki Duffy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/05/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteColour
- Weight900 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Most relevant reviews
- vintage_austral...12 Dec, 2016by
Great nutritional information
Verified purchase: No
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.