All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionAs she washes her laundry in the Rio Minho, Kelithe is startled from her daydreams by women's screams. It is t until she sees a small body in the shallow water that she realizes what has happened. Her young son has drowned. The Women of Standfast, Jamaica, whisper that she let Timothy die so that she could seize her chance to join her mother in America. Numb with grief, Kelithe lacks the strength to confront them. She can only wait for the funeral. And for her mother to come stand by her at last. What really happened at the river? It is a question Kelithe's mother cant ask and an accusation Kelithe will t answer. And it lies at the heart of this shattering vel of promises kept and broken. In spare prose, Donna Hemans lays bare the human heart, exploring the unyielding bonds joining mother and child and the many facets of truth.
- Author BiographyDonna Hemans was born in Jamaica. She earned an undergraduate degree in English and journalism from Fordham University and an M.F.A. from American University. She lives in Maryland.
- Author(s)Donna Hemans
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWashington Square Press Inc.,N.Y.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight221 g
- Width134 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.