Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 15 Feb
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- Descriptionthe Wild Days of the Palmer River Gold Rush What with cannibal blacks, pig-tailed Chinamen in thousands, lynch-law hangings, gambling dens, shanty towns, murders, grog-shops and Italian opera singers, the Palmer River Goldfields - properly spun out - should provide eugh television material for general exhibition for the next ten years. this one book, River of Gold, could easily be used as the jumping-off ground for the lot. Read it with Hector Holthouse; he will be your guide; he has loved every minute of it, and so will you! -Canberra times the gold rush at Plamer River, on Cape York, lasted about seven years in the 1870s, but with 35,000 diggers it was this country's wildest while it lasted. Holthouse has researched the story of those days well to make a lively and very readable book. -the Bulletin
- Author(s)Hector Holthouse
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/1994
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight264 g
- Width151 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- xyzmaggie10 Apr, 2013by
A book which tells the truth about our history.
An excellent book to read.I' m glad I bought this book.Thanks! I bought this product because its about our history.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.