All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKevin Parr kws how to fish, how to read a river and how to write. A book that flows like a river . (Chris Yates, author of Out of the Blue). Rivers Run is a love letter to Britain's rivers and waterways by well-kwn angler and naturalist Kevin Parr. On a journey around his favourite watery hideaways - such as the River Stour in Dorset, the Exe in Devon, the Avon in the Midlands and Parrs Pool in Shropshire - the author shares the thoughts and insights that bubble up while sitting peacefully by the riverside, watching the world go by and waiting for the fish to bite. Each river that he visits has played a central part in his own development as both an angler and a person, and reflects the ways in which landscape, wildlife and plants mirror the themes that flow through all our lives. Rivers Run is a delightful yet profound philosophical and poetic examination of water, of the fish that live within it, the nature that surrounds it and how human life is intrinsically linked to its flow.
- Author BiographyKevin Parr is a writer, fisherman and amateur naturalist. He is the angling correspondent for The Idler and a regular contributor to Countryfile magazine, Fallon's Angler and the Caught by the River website. He also writes a weekly fishing column for the Dorset Echo and has previously written for The Independent, Birdwatching magazine, Anglers Mail and a variety of other publications. His books include The Idle Angler and the black comedy The Twitch. Kevin lives in West Dorset with his wife and a colony of grass snakes a few strides from his garden gate.
- Author(s)Kevin Parr
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRider & Co
- Weight301 g
- Width135 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.