All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical guide to road traffic law covers all the principal aspects of roads policing and has been fully updated for this, the second edition. This new edition covers significant changes in road traffic law, such as the enforcement of the Road Safety Act 2006 and updates to the Road Traffic Act 1988. The authors discuss matters such as causing death by careless driving, causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs, insurance and licensing, use of mobile telephones and control of a vehicle, and updates to construction and use rules. This book also features coverage of driver identification, alcohol and drug related offences, traffic signs and fixed penalties. Each chapter is written in n-technical language and combines explanations of the law with practical illustrations, examples, and FAQs on problems commonly faced by police officers engaged in road traffic law enforcement. The book focuses on those areas that are most frequently encountered by traffic officers in their everyday working lives, and is a must for all officers engaged in front-line traffic duties. The Blackstone's Practical Policing Series covers a range of topical subjects of vital importance in today's policing arena. Each practical guide contains clear and detailed explanations of the relevant legislation, accompanied by practical scenarios, illustrative diagrams and useful checklists. Packed with a wealth of information, the Blackstone's Practical Policing Series ensures you have ready access to the tools you need to take on any policing challenge.
- Author BiographyMichael Orme retired from Greater Manchester Police in November 2004 having completed 30 years police service. He specialised in road traffic policing in his career having spent over 25 years in Road Policing Units both in inner city and territorial divisions.
- Author(s)Michael Orme,Simon Cooper
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleBlackstone's Practical Policing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.