Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionRoad to Barrister: An Urban Mologue (RTB) is an account of the author's journey from a single parent, welfare-assisted household in an inner-city, crime infested neighborhood to the hallowed halls of Yale University, and ultimately to the practice of law. If I made it, so can you is the underlying theme through which he describes how to the reader. Much of his work ethic is attributed to his mother who alone raised three children, though temporarily relying on government assistance. Watching her struggle instilled in him a sense that failure is t an option. This inspirational memoir, which will make you laugh and perhaps bring you to tears, uses a vibrant story-line approach focusing on the importance for young people and adults, alike, to make productive decisions to achieve success. It also provides a straightforward study guide. The primary target audience of RTB is high school and college students; however, it is relevant, and was written in a way that appeals, to parents, educators, mentors, tutors, church groups - anyone looking to be inspired. As students work through The Discussion Book, a separate learning enhancement tool complete with a total of 123 questions regarding RTB's text, they have access to highly desirable and necessary real world skills such as: Collaboration Critical Thinking Problem Solving Creative Invation Communication They will discover in realistic terms, through the author's eyes, that every cause has an effect. Ideally, they will see the hardship that comes along with addressing issues by trial-and-error, and come to understand true advantages of learning from the mistakes of others versus having to personally endure those mistakes.
- Author(s)Yusef Poole Esq
- Date of Publication10/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.