All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the era of boxing's pay-per-view superstars, Tris Dixon invested in a Greyhound bus pass and spent several months traversing America on a shoestring budget, tracking down fighters from yesteryear who had vanished from the limelight. Venturing from New York to Las Vegas and from Toronto to Miami, the young writer - himself a former amateur boxer - sought out coulda-been contenders and cult heroes from the 1950s to the 2000s, all w faded from popular memory. He visited old people's homes, gyms and too many prisons, discovering that life after boxing can be a cruel place when the ropes are longer in place to keep fighters safe from the outside world. Dixon meets men who shaped boxing history, fighting the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson. He shares their memories and weaves together their forgotten tales over the course of a remarkable American journey.
- Author BiographyTris Dixon is the editor of Boxing News. A former amateur boxer himself, Tris has been ringside for some of the biggest fights of this generation, covering the sport on four continents since 1996. He collaborated on Ricky Hatton's autobiography, War and Peace, and appears regularly as a pundit on talkSPORT, Sky Sports and CNN.
- Author(s)Tris Dixon
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteSeparate photo section
- Weight363 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.