Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionBuddy Kerrigan, an American, and Suburo Hirakawa, of Japan, come from different religions, cultures, and family structures. Despite these differences, they share common moral values, hopes for their futures, and love of their homelands. In a different world, their love of baseball might have united them as friends. But it is 1942, and they are about to be thrust into World War II on opposite sides. In vignettes poignantly told by master storyteller Robert Joseph Beveur, Road to Yasukuni takes readers through battles fought over Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, and the B29 Superforts' horrific firebombing of Japanese cities. Readers will journey with the soldiers, their friends, and families as they are impacted by the brutality of war and the blindness of nationalism over humanity. Who is the enemy? Who is the hero? Perhaps neither. Perhaps both.
- Author(s)Robert Joseph Bevenour
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.