Roadside Kansas: A Traveler's Guide to Its Geology and Landmarks by Rex C. Buchanan, James R. McCauley (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo decades after its first publication, Roadside Kansas remains the premier guide to the geology, natural resources, landmarks, and landscapes along nine of the Sunflower State's major highways. During that span, however, many aspects of the Kansas landscape changed: the growth of some towns and near disappearance of others, the expansion of highways, the development of industry. Even the rocks themselves changed in places as erosion took its relentless toll. More broadly, there have been changes in the science of geology. This new edition reflects all of these changes and thoroughly updates the previous edition in ways that reinforce its preeminent status. Covering more than 2,600 miles, Buchanan and McCauley organize their book by highway and milepost markers, so that modern-day explorers can follow the road logs easily, learning about the land as they travel through the state. Featuring more than 100 photographs, drawings, and maps, the book also provides deft descriptions of fascinating contemporary and historical features to be seen all across Kansas. Especially in an ecomic era that has encouraged all of us to travel closer to home, the new edition is sure to be a hit with families from Kansas and the region who decide to explore and learn more about the state and its distinctive wonders. They'll discover what Buchanan and McCauley have kwn for a long time: Kansas highways provide much more than passage to Colorado or some other state. They are destinations in their own right.
- Author BiographyRex Buchanan is Deputy Director of the Kansas Geological Survey and editor of Kansas Geology: An Introduction to Landscapes, Rocks, Minerals, and Fossils, soon to be in its second edition (see page 20). James R. McCauley, now retired from the Kansas Geological Survey, is the author of some two dozen scientific articles. John R. Charlton is the staff photographer at the Kansas Geological Survey.
- Author(s)James R. McCauley,Rex C. Buchanan
- PublisherUniversity Press of Kansas
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationKansas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Kansas
- Content Note71 photographs, 11 in colour, 13 maps
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd revised and updated ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.