All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
About this product
- DescriptionA cell phone's roaming feature allows the user to get service when traveling beyond the boundaries of his/her service provider. Wireless service providers make approximately 30 percent of their operating profit from roaming. But despite being a major source of income, roaming suffers from a number of techlogical problems in the handoff between networks. Signal strength is wildly variable, calls are frequently dropped, and quality of service is poor. Based upon training courses the author teaches at Agilent and Hewlett-Packard, this is the first book to give communications engineers the kw-how to faultlessly design and manage roaming services.
- Author BiographyShahid K. Siddiqui is Principal Consultant working with Agilent Technologies in Malaysia. He has 20 years of experience in diverse areas of telecommunication including research and development, validation, test and measurement, and operations support systems. He works closely with wireless service providers delivering consulting and training. He has developed and taught technical training courses on digital switching, signaling, and wireless communication, and delivered numerous seminars.
- Author(s)Shahid Siddiqui
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight615 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.