All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionHey flappers and sheiks! Get a slant at the Roaring Twenties Mixer's Manual. It's the cat's pajamas for all kittens and guys wanting to throw a petting party that is the frog's eyebrow! With over 70 authentic Prohibition era drink recipes ( odle juice here.) Including such classics as The Manhattan, The Daiquiri, and, naturally, The Martini. And lots of crazy of-the-era drinks, such as the Tuxedo and the Za Za. It's the rumble that will make any biscuit pleasantly half cut and ready for some barney-muggins.As if all those, carefully cultivated by barkeeps all over the world, drink recipes weren't kippy eugh Roaring Twenties Mixer's Manual has a section devoted to definitions of the spirits of the era (only oilcans drink hooch right?) It also includes all the Ritz toasts (here's to you!) And (let's face it sweeties, you need this) rules for well thrown parities, including party games of the era, like the French variety of blind man's buff, which would shock your dapper. Even duds will have a hotsy totsy time at your whangdoodle, and that's applesauce. And to top it all off Roaring Twenties Mixer's Manual contains detailed instructions for how to dance that real McCoy of nineteen-twenties hoofers, the Charleston. A dance so swell that it will have even the neckers shaking their dogs. So don't be a bluese, pull out your anchor and get yourself a copy of Roaring Twenties Mixer's Manual before the buttons get here. Attaboy! Attagirl! Now, let's blouse.
- Author BiographyThe Enthusiast exists to celebrate and promote genuine enthusiasm for enriching, elevating and entertaining subjects, including, but not limited to, art, history, literature, philosophy, science, cooking and sport.
- Author(s)Mr The Enthusiast
- Date of Publication25/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleFood & Drink
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- barry.123 Jul, 2016by
it was just what I was looking for, (great)
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.